What’s up Samurai,
This year has been an insane ride for everyone due to the pandemic. Everyone in one shape or another has had to change their current processes and mindset as we entered a year of uncertainty. For the dev team, 2020 was all about pushing forward on reaching critical milestones this year. Now that we have reached the end of the year, I wanted to take some time to reflect on how truly far we have come.
At the start of the year, we revealed the vision of Samurai Zero to all of you. Our reveal stream was a huge success and introduced you not only to the world of Edo but two of its Samurai: Ryder and Wraith. After that reveal, we were locked in with our main goal being making our gameplay systems functional and being able to play the core loop of the game. Through the hard work and dedication of the team, we not only were able to reach this goal, but went far beyond it.
With your support we have:
- Launched our website and playtest portal
- Created a Dev log video series sharing our development process month to month
- Created amazing short stories about characters in Samurai Zero. (A Shattered Soul & The Fox and the Hare)
- Launched our successful first wave of merch
- Published our development roadmap
- Hit over 2,200 amazing followers on Twitter
- Launched Samurai Zero Discord Community
- Launched Patreon! So many amazing people who believe in us!
- Launched our first successful Demo Build of Samurai Zero! Glide Jump OP!!! (Movement Build)
- Ran our first community event. (Gauntlet Leaderboard)
- Overhauled Samurai Zero’s entire backend 'netcode'
- Developed playable combat build of Samurai Zero
We have accomplished so many amazing feats in 2020 and laid the foundation for what will be built upon moving into next year.
Our goal in 2020 was to prove our existence. 2021 is all about defying our limits.
As of writing this, we are planning out our production schedule for 2021. There are a lot of ambitious goals we have in mind and we look forward to sharing them with you come next month. This is a marathon for us, not a race. Expect to be drawing your blades and catching fades soon.
Happy holidays and be safe. We will be seeing you in 2021!
Check out our roadmap for what's coming up next: